1. The Closet Cleanse
We believe your Wardrobe health is vital to your sense of well-being and overall emotional and mental health. Owning only clothes that look and feel good on your body and are of good quality are important to being your best self. Here’s what to ask yourself before deciding which items to leave behind.
- Does it still fit?
- Have you worn it in the last 12 month?
- Does the item fit your overall sense of style?
- Does it play well with the rest of your wardrobe?
- Do you feel good and confident wearing it?
2. Create a bag for The Wardrobe
With a global spotlight on the environmental impact of fast fashion and the urgent need to reduce landfill waste, The Wardrobe’s concept provides people with an outlet to make cash out of regular wardrobe cleanses. By consigning your items at the wardrobe you can make money or build store credit all whilst reducing waste and powering a circular fashion economy. We accept only high quality, in season, gently worn or as new items which have been cleaned and pressed.
Our customers love stylish contemporary brands and luxury designer gems in excellent condition. We also love gently worn vintage with a contemporary vibe. At The Wardrobe we take nearly new, gently worn clothing from your highstreet favourites such as Topshop, Zara, ASOS, Mango, H&M, Whistles, Anthropologie, Karen Millen & Ted Baker along with our premium, higher end & designer labels such as All Saints, Joseph, Coach, Missoni, Moschino, DKNY, Michael Kors, Mulberry, Gucci, Armani, Chanel and more. Our customers love a designer bargain and finding something unique and fabulous to take home. We also take quality shoes, jewellery and accessories.
3. Arrange an appointment
You can make an appointment to consign your items by filling in the form below or sending us a DM on one of our social media channels.
On the day of your appointment bring us your gently-worn, like-new condition items. We prefer items clean and pressed so they are not wrinkled and which allows us to see all of your items in an organised way. We will take whatever we feel we have the right audience for. It is never about personal style, but about the community of ladies that we serve. Basically, if we think it will sell, it joins our inventory.
You will read and sign our consignor contract. We will then consign your items for a minimum of 2 calendar months. After 1 calendar month any your items have not sold we can reduce the price of the item up to 25%.
You will receive an email to let you know when your items are going on the floor to be sold and the price. The email will also provide you with the expiration date on it. It is the responsibility of the consignor to contact the store on or before the expiration date to let us know that you would like to retrieve your items. We request you give us 48 hours notice to have all of your items ready for you before pickup. Items left after the consignment period become property of The Wardrobe.
4. Make money
When all your items are sold or after your 2 month minimum consignment period you will receive your payout. You can can choose from three options.
- Store Credit: Choosing store credit means that you will get 50% of the selling price of each item sold. This credit is available immediately and is a great way to buy some fabulous preloved items for your wardrobe.
- Bank transfer: Choosing to be paid directly into your bank means that you get 40% of the selling price of each item sold. This will be paid at the end of the consignment period.
- Give to charity: This means we will donate your 40% of the selling price of each item to our local charity of the month.